If you’re like most companies or consultants, writing blog posts for your company blog are about last on your list (if you’re anything like me). I was recently of this fact by my fabulous press release wire service, eReleases.com, who periodically sends out emails with great content focused on PR and marketing. I’ve summarized these five tips below from Mickie Kennedy’s email, “Make Your Blog a ‘Must Read’” from the company’s bang-up blog, PR Fuel.
5 Tips to Make Your Corporate Blog Content Matter:
1) Your blog must be more that a promotional tool for your company.
2) Even as budgets nosedive, don’t cut your budget to have original content written.
3) Entertaining and informative posts are your best bet for enticing readers to come back.
4) Your content doesn’t always have to be safe. It’s okay to comment on industry events and news as it relates to your industry.
5) Network with other bloggers in your industry and develop relationships that will stretch your company and your blog.